Top B2C Marketing Trends for 2023
Trends come and go, but one thing stays constant — they affect your marketing success. And while you can’t predict the future, keeping on top of current B2C marketing trends is the only way to stay relevant in your industry.
In addition, knowing what’s hot and what’s not can help you focus your marketing efforts to maintain a strong brand and leave your competitors behind.
Some of the biggest trends for B2C marketers in 2023 revolve around AI technology. AI can power marketing campaigns, personalize website experiences, and create unique content. However, trends in using social media video platforms, omnichannel marketing, and promoting ethical products will continue to drive consumer behavior in 2023.
In the article, we’ve identified seven of the hottest trends for B2C marketing in 2023.
Hyper-Personalization and AI-driven Marketing
Two trends here to stay in 2023 are hyper-personalization and AI-driven marketing. More and more consumers expect to get personalized experiences when shopping online. And to provide the best experience possible, marketers are using AI-driven tools to target consumers with offers, promotions, and discounts.
How does AI work with hyper-personalization? First, you must deeply understand your products and customer personas. Then, you must implement techniques across your platforms to provide shoppers with a seamless shopping experience.
How can embracing this trend boost your marketing efforts?
According to one report, 80 percent of consumers are more likely to buy when brands offer personalized experiences shopping in-store and online. Additionally, 90 percent find personalization appealing.
From product recommendations to uniquely tailored emails and content, you should reach out with hyper-specific messages that speak directly to your target customers.
So, if you’re not already on board with these two hot trends, it’s time to hop on because this trend will dominate marketing for many years.
Here are some examples of how some companies successfully leverage hyper-personalization in B2C marketing:
- Stitch Fix — They gather customer information and provide individual recommendations based on customer replies.
- Amazon — One of the top online retailers, and they provide suggestions of “frequently bought together.” Also, the homepage is personalized based on the customer’s historical shopping habits.
- Starbucks — The company has over 400,000 message variations to send users unique, personalized offers.
The Rise of Omnichannel Marketing
Omnichannel marketing. It’s the word on everyone’s lips in 2023, and for a good reason.
Omnichannel marketing creates a seamless customer experience across multiple channels — website, mobile apps, email, online advertising, and in-person shopping.
Omnichannel is an effective marketing tool for 2023 and beyond because it ensures customers have a consistent experience wherever they go.
Here are some effective techniques to unleash the marketing power of connecting with your customers over several platforms:
- Choose marketing platforms — First, analyze customer behavior to determine the channels they use.
- Determine buyer persona — Analyze your typical buyer’s buying habits, preferred communication mode, and demographics.
- Segment your audience — Categorize your target audience into groups.
- Customer journey mapping — Create relevant funnels based on customer preferences. These should include the channels customers use in the buying journey.
- Prioritize channels and devices — Next, assigning priorities to the more popular channels and devices is necessary.
- Connect offline and online touchpoints — The trickiest stage is seamlessly integrating various channels. The goal is to ensure a buyer’s user experience stays uniform, regardless of their channel.
Once you get the omnichannel strategy in place, backing it up with excellent customer service is crucial to ensure buyers enjoy the experience.
So, if you haven’t hopped on the omnichannel bandwagon yet, what are you waiting for? Get onboard and take your B2C marketing game up a notch in 2023.
Emphasis on Sustainability and Social Responsibility
Sustainability and social responsibility are two of the hottest topics in the B2C marketing scene for 2023. And why wouldn’t they be? After all, we are all more conscious about our environmental footprint. So, it makes sense that your business is doing its part to reduce waste and promote sustainability.
However, it’s not enough just to be eco-conscious in business. Consumers must know this, so ensure that your efforts to be eco-friendly are part of your marketing messages. Additionally, you can use your eco-conscious business model as a unique selling point.
Here are some examples of sustainable marketing your company should embrace in 2023:
- Source products from ethical suppliers where possible.
- Use reusable or recyclable packaging.
- Support green events.
- Encourage your customers to embrace sustainability.
- Donate a percentage of profits to sustainable causes.
Eco-friendly solutions, ethical products, and sustainability are not just fads that will disappear — these “trends” are our way of life.
The Power of Video and Visual Content
Video marketing trends are one of the most important ways to get your message to consumers in 2023. From visually appealing website designs to high-quality videos on social media, consumers cannot get enough visual stimulation.
The three top video-sharing platforms are Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube. You can use these social media platforms to sell to customers by sharing tutorials, product demos, customer testimonials, or just a quick introduction. All you need are bite-size clips to get your message out there.
Here are a few tips to ensure your video and visual content marketing efforts in 2023 provide an excellent return on investment:
- Provide value with every image and video.
- Keep visual elements simple and uncomplicated.
- Tell followers what to do with the image or video — comment, share, or like it.
- Use templates to keep visual content uniform.
- Use the right size of image or video ratio suitable for the platform.
- Keep graphics fresh and encourage user engagement.
Voice Search and Conversational Marketing
The popularity of smart speakers and voice assistants means that voice search and conversational marketing trends will continue to grow in 2023. As a result, fewer consumers are typing in questions to search engines. Instead, they are asking Siri and Alexa for help.
According to statistics, 71 percent of consumers prefer voice search rather than typing. And surprisingly, one-third of consumers say voice ads are more engaging and less intrusive than traditional advertising.
Here are some top tips on ways to implement conversational marketing through chatbots and AI:
- Use chatbots to handle initial communication with consumers and collect details.
- Use chatbots to promote and push personalized offers.
- Identify where AI and chatbots can assist in up-selling and cross-selling.
- Use AI-powered chatbots to find potential leads in customers.
- Incorporate chatbots with social media to reach out to customers or respond to comments or messages.
Influencer Marketing and User-Generated Content
Influencer marketing and user-generated content remain two trends in 2023 that are here to stay. They are popular because they are the most effective way to increase brand awareness and establish authority with your target audience. Additionally, you can tap into a new audience base to expand your marketing reach.
One of the reasons user-generated content and influencer marketing are so popular is because it establishes social proof. This means that the opinions of others strongly influence decisions and behavior. In other words, it’s a herd mentality.
Of course, not everyone has access to Hollywood stars who will embrace products. But the good news is that they are not necessary. Instead, user-generated content like reviews and testimonials can be highly effective.
Did you know that nearly 84 percent of consumers trust online reviews and testimonials as much as personal recommendations from family or friends?
Is that not a compelling reason to embrace user-generated content across your marketing platforms?
Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Ask for reviews.
- Encourage customers to share content.
- Reward customers for sharing their experiences.
Enhanced Mobile Shopping Experiences
E-commerce trends show that using mobile devices to shop will continue to grow in 2023. Research shows that three-quarters of adults in the US use their smartphones to buy products online. Of these, a whopping 30 percent also use a smartphone in-store when shopping.
Therefore, if you run an eCommerce store, ignoring the importance of having a mobile-friendly website is no longer an option.
Here are three simple ways to ensure your eCommerce site is mobile-friendly:
- First, your website must be optimized for mobile experiences. This means the fonts, spacing, and CTAs should be visible and easily accessible.
- Second, the mobile version of your eCommerce site must be easy to navigate. For example, the menu should not take up too much space, and all the content must fit in vertical space. And it’s best to use a gallery for images where users can swipe left and right.
- Third, ensure the mobile site has fast load times. Some studies suggest that 3 seconds is the maximum most people are willing to wait for a mobile page to load.
Here are some suggestions if you want your mobile eCommerce site to stand out from the competition:
- One-click checkout — Integrate your eCommerce site with an express checkout option. Some popular options are Apple Pay, PayPal, and Google Pay. Streamlining the checkout process can make or break a sale.
- Leverage augmented reality — Give your customers the chance to “try on” clothing, jewelry, cosmetics, accessories, or other wearables with augmented reality. Using the smartphone lens, a potential customer can see how the item would look on them.
B2C Marketing Trends: Key Takeaways
The primary B2C marketing trends for 2023 are connected to AI-driven technology and providing personalized customer experiences. By embracing these trends, you can keep up with the times and stay ahead of the curve. This is the key to success in eCommerce in 2023.
Are you ready to dominate your niche market in 2023 and beyond?
Then contact the marketing experts at Lingble for a free consultation. We can provide the best advice on leveraging current trends to increase website traffic, generate more leads, boost sales, and expand your customer base.